Updated to Hazel 5 rules not running automatically

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi All,
I just updated to to Hazel 5. My rules only run when i hit "run rules now" not doing so automatically.
Do i have to update something? I can't seem to figure it out.
I'm on Catalina.
Curlyimac

Try the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/

Report back with the results of that.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:Try the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/

Report back with the results of that.

In previewing the rules i am noticing that they preview fine but now are filing things int the wrong folders. I don't understand why. I get green checks in the preview that it is set up correctly but filing in the wrong area. What a nightmare as I have many rules. I suspended for now.
Curlyimac

Preview only checks if the file matches the conditions or not. Did you check the rule status? I suspect either the file is not matching the rule you think or that the rule it is matching has an error in the actions.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

another example i have a rule set to watch my downloads folder. The rules is set
if the kind is -document
extension is -pdf
Name contains-User manual

action is set to file the file in the documents/user manuals folder.

This worked perfectly before. Now i get that the name contains user manual rule doesn't match.
I tried deleting and re-adding the rule but it the rule preview still shows that the name contains-user manual part with an x.
Funny, because i have this exact same rule set up the same way for my receipts folder and that rule works perfectly fine.
Curlyimac

Click on the red x and make sure the attribute has the value you expect. If you still can't figure it out, send in the rule and an example file demonstrating the problem.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support