What to do when Hazel does not identify content inside PDF?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I'm trying to file credit card statements and Hazel (5.0.5) cannot identify text content inside the PDF. More info below:
  • The PDF has undergone OCR, and the text is selectable in any PDF app. I have tried redoing the OCR in DEVONthink 3 and Adobe Acrobat.
  • The PDF is clear and free from marks and is downloaded from a major credit card company.
  • A Finder search does correctly identify these files as containing the text in question. "Contents contain xxx" yields the correct files in Finder, but not Hazel.
  • DEVONthink and Acrobat are able to find the text in question.
  • Using Hazel's Preview Rule function, I click on the red X for more information and I see my text displayed but not highlighted. Hazel is verifying the text is in the PDF but cannot identify it.
This seems like Hazel falling down on a basic feature and I'm having trouble troubleshooting because the problem is the app itself not identifying my content when other apps have no problem. Thanks!
JackBirdbath

When you view the text in Hazel, it looks like how you expect? Can you copy some of the dates from there and paste them into a post here?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support