Hazel is duplicated results of Automator

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel is duplicated results of Automator Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:38 pm • by Pianomanross
Hi - I have an Automator script whereby if you drop screenshots (or any image) into an action folder, it coverts and combines them into a single pdf. The script runs perfectly as a standalone Automator script.

When I tell Hazel to run the same Automator script, it duplicates the final pdf.

Any idea why this would be?

Thanks.
Pianomanross

Re: Hazel is duplicated results of Automator Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:21 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you post the rule you are using? I'm guessing your rule does not filter out the output of the script but can't be sure unless I see the rule.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Thanks for the quick reply. I was actually able to figure out a workaround. I started by making the Automator script into an application and then used the following Applescript to open the Automator application:

tell application "Images to PDF Converter"
activate
end tell

Then I told Hazel to run the Applescript whenever a file was dropped into the action folder.

It works the same as going through the Automator script directly, but now I can do everything through Hazel.

Thanks.
Pianomanross

Return to Support