Rule sequence not working for some rar files

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Rule sequence not working for some rar files Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:51 pm • by staze
I've got a downloads folder that hazel watches. It has a parent rule that just says run on folders/files enclosed.

I then have a rule that says "extension starts with .r". If that matches, it copies the files into another folder "Unraring" that Hazel then unrars the file.

This works relatively well, but I've got some files that it doesn't seem to want to work on, and the only thing that stands out is the files are all:

File.name.rar, file.name.r01, file.name.r02, etc.

I'm wondering if Hazel is interpreting the .name.r02 as the extension and it's not matching (because it thinks the extension starts with .n).

I'm not positive this is the issue, but it seems coincidental that all the ones that it's hung up on use periods for spaces (rather than underscores, dashes, spaces, etc).

Am I doing it wrong? Is there some better way to be doing what I'm after?

Here's the simple rule, btw: https://www.dropbox.com/s/02vn1f6ydnqhz ... e.png?dl=0

btw, this is on Big Sur 11.2, and the rule is pointed at an external HD (APFS formatted). Hazel is 5.0.5... though I notice in the release notes there's mention of a bug fix related to extension starts with/ends with... wonder if I'm seeing remnants of that.
staze

I believe you already emailed in about this? I've responded to you there.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support