hazel rule won't process

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

hazel rule won't process Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:22 pm • by jd2d
hi,

i have a set of rules that looks at an RTF file, finds the file name and the date, tags it, and moves the file. for a year or so this rule worked great. at some point with hazel 4, it stopped working as well - would only work sometimes, and for a short period. that problem continues now. i can pull 50 RTFs in the folder with the rules, but any more and it will just not process them. And probably about 60% of the time, it doesn't work even when i pull in under 50. there seems to be no clear rhyme or reason for me of when it works and when it doesn't, but sometimes files that have been in that folder for weeks will suddenly process fine. it's extremely confusing and i'm not sure what to do.

hazel is the most helpful thing for me in document processing, bar none. but this has made it so i have to slowly process files in batches and can't predict whether i'll actually be successful. its quite frustrating. and my other hazel rules seem to be working fine.

would love any help i can get, thanks.
jd2d

Re: hazel rule won't process Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:06 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you go through the troubleshooting guide here? https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support