Copy Scrivener Files from local Dropbox Folder

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi, i want t start with a simple example, and copy a single .scriv file from the local Dropbox folder, to my Documents, if modified. It seems that Dropbox treats the Scrivener-Document not as a single File, but as a folder - so only a file within that folder is changed, ...

Dropbox doesn't update the local modified date for the whole file, if the remote changed scrivener file is synced. So, if i use the rule "Date Last Modified" - "did change" to trigger the copy, nothing happens...

I think the Problems is that the File is an Archive.

Is there a way in Hazel to determine if a document in the packed folder has changed and then copy only that document, taking the document structure into account? Can Hazel handle archives and update them?

Carsten
Bauchladen

Currently, Hazel does not go inside packages. You could try using a nested condition with "any of its sub-files". That may be able to detect conditions for files inside the package. The condition will still end up matching the package as a whole so you can then have it copy the package when it matches.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I just needed to do something exactly like this, and I was dismayed to see that recursion into packages wasn’t an option.

I’m very happy to report, though, that the “any of its sub-files” worked splendidly in my case!
ErikMH

Return to Support