Beginner question - tagging folders

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Beginner question - tagging folders Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:49 pm • by Godwulfe
I apologize for what's probably a basic question, but I'm trying to set some rules and can't get them to work.

Context:
I have 4 folders in my Downloads folder - Apps, PDFs, Documents, Videos.
These are used for processing, ie, downloaded items go here first, and then I rename, install, adjust, etc from here.

I would like to be able to tag (set color label) as Red is there's file in the folder, or Blue if the folder is empty. This lets me know what's still left to process.

I've tried the following rule - "If all conditions are met, Subfile/Folder count is greater than 1, Set color label to Red.
I haven't tried the Blue rule yet as I can't get the Red one to work yet. I would assume that somply chaning it to "is less than 1" would work, but.....

Here's my challenge -
The rule works on only one folder (PDFs). Nothing else works.

Everything I've tried either has no effect, or changes the 'contents' color to Red (files themselves). I only want the Folder to change.

For bonus points :)
In the Video folder I have 3 sub-folders - Movies, TV Shows, Video.
I would like to be able to have the top-level Folder (in Downloads) change color is one of the subfolders has something in it.
But clearly, this is beyond my skills at the moment.

Any help is appreciated.
Godwulfe

Re: Beginner question - tagging folders Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:36 am • by Mr_Noodle
Go through the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/

Report back with the results of each test there. Also, a screenshot of your rule might help. You'll need to use a third party file hosting site to host your image(s). If you don't have one you use already, you can use imgur.com.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support