Add ability to recognize .download file

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Add ability to recognize .download file Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:50 am • by ans87ns
I'm using Progressive Downloader. Something I does well is intercept downloads >50mb and downloads them. What it doesn't do is watch folders for .download files.

Could you add the ability to detect files with the .download extension in the Downloads directory so that I can have Hazel tell Progressive Downloader to launch? Thanks.
ans87ns

Re: Add ability to recognize .download file Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:59 am • by Mr_Noodle
.download files are partial download files from Safari. Hazel does not process these files as they are incomplete. There's no way to get around this.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Add ability to recognize .download file Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:13 pm • by ans87ns
Running macOS Big Sur.

So I'm trying to work around that by using file kind and selecting safaridownload but I am getting a crash when I try to choose other from thee pull down menu.

(took a screen gif but not sure how to upload)
ans87ns

Re: Add ability to recognize .download file Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:18 am • by Mr_Noodle
I can't really help you with Big Sur at the moment. It's a VERY bad idea to be running it for anything important. While there should be a Big Sur-compatible version being worked on, it is probably months away from seeing the light of day.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support