Using HAZEL to run a Automator Workflow

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Re: Using HAZEL to run a Automator Workflow Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:35 am • by Mr_Noodle
You need to modify the scripts to take in an argument. Also, turn on debug mode as described here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-debug-mode/

That will show the output of the script (if any) in the logs.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Using HAZEL to run a Automator Workflow Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:09 pm • by Paul1762
Thanks for the reply, however I am not sure what you been by "You need to modify the scripts to take in an argument"

could you please explain...

Paul
Paul1762

Re: Using HAZEL to run a Automator Workflow Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:58 am • by Mr_Noodle
In your scripts, where you specify the file that should be processed, you can't leave it like that when using it in Hazel, since the file changes. Hazel will send in the full path to that file as an argument. The script editor will tell you how to specify that based on the shell/languages you choose.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Using HAZEL to run a Automator Workflow Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:26 am • by dreddymd
I'm a newbie and I'm looking for automator workflow what sync my documents and picture folder between Macbook Air and Imac; is there any Hazel rule with an automator workflow? I have the network connection, but don't know how to run the automator workflow; maybe with a script? anyone can help? Highly appreciate your support. thank you.
dreddymd

Re: Using HAZEL to run a Automator Workflow Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:16 am • by Mr_Noodle
Is there a reason why you need an Automator workflow for this? There is the built-in Sync action in this case. I suggest checking the manual (there's a whole chapter dedicated to syncing one folder to another).
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support