Remove after unarchive not working

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Remove after unarchive not working Fri May 22, 2020 3:00 pm • by dudido
Hi,

so I got some .pdf's, which I downloaded from a website as .zip. I'm trying to unarchive the .zip, tag and sort the .pdf's in the subfolder, and remove both the .zip and subfolder - I'm not getting there.

The documentation says that the archive is automatically moved to the trash after unarchiving, but this is not the case. When I add a 'move to trash'-rule it removes the folder including the .pdf's, before hazel gets to sort them (which seems to be the expected behaviour).

Also the tags are not being assigned, neither to the zips, nor (as I would expect) to the contents of the folder or even the folder itself.

Also I've tried either continue matching rules (which includes the moving of the .pdf's and removal of the empty folders), as well as run rules on folder contents, but it is not happening in one pass. Only if I add a seprate run roles on folder rule, are the pdf's getting moved by hazel and the empty folders removed, but then I'm still left with the archives...

On a side note - I'm generally having more issues with Hazel than not since upgrading to Catalina, when it had worked perfectly reliable earlier, so I'm really looking forward to an major version upgrade which gets things stable again. But I'm not sure if the present issue is directly related (though I had a similar rule before the upgrade, which just worked).

Thanks for the support.
dudido

Re: Remove after unarchive not working Mon May 25, 2020 10:28 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you post your rules? Note that you can't upload images here so you'll need to use an image hosting service. If you don't have one already, you can use imgur.com
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support