Add same file to each new folder

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Add same file to each new folder Sat May 16, 2020 5:31 am • by erngut
Hi.

I have a Hazel workflow which recognizes each new graphic I create for my podcast and moves them, according to its filename, to a series of organized folders in my computer. That works great.

I also copy a few of these files into a dropbox folder structure, again, based on filenames so that I can share each of these dropbox folders with my podcast guests. This also works great.

As you know, Hazel can create subfolders anywhere in my computer following the sort folder instruction which is how I have set this whole thing up.

Now, what I want to accomplish is, whenever a new subfolder is created in my dropbox directory, I want hazel to also add there a copy of a few files that are always the same FROM A DIFFERENT FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER but I can't figure out how to set this up.

So basically, when I create files for say, episode 50, hazel is recognizing these files in my documents folder, creating a subfolder in dropbox that's called Episode 50 and adding a copy of these files. I also want (probably a new hazel trigger) to recognize when a new subfolder is created in dropbox and add a copy of my podcast's logo -which is in a different folder in my computer– into this new subfolder.

Any ideas how I could do this?
erngut

Re: Add same file to each new folder Mon May 18, 2020 10:29 am • by Mr_Noodle
You would need a script at this point as there's no built-in action to copy a file FROM a different location to the current one.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support