create token with contain match date

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

create token with contain match date Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:54 am • by Ace504
Hello, how do i create a "contain match" token with date format 0 5 / 1 6 / 2 0 1 9 ? In the document i am scanning Hazel's OCR sees the date with a space between each digit. I've tried numerous ways to try to make this work but have been unsuccessful so far. When the document is scanned, Hazel reads the date I want to use as 5 / 1 6 / 2 0 1 9 and obviously does not recognize that as a date then inserts a date from somewhere else in the document even though I try to change the location of the date in the token creation box to 1st , 2nd, 3rd, 4th from beginning (or ending) of the document. Since my file structure relies on the date being correct, how can i fix this. Thank you. - Dan
Ace504

Re: create token with contain match date Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:59 am • by Mr_Noodle
You can try using a custom text attribute instead. You won't be able to treat it like a date but if you are just re-using the text of the date, that might work. You might need to pair that with a "Replace text" option to remove the spaces.

Otherwise, I'd look into other OCR options (BTW, Hazel does not perform OCR).
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support