subfolders.hazelrules Download Dead In App Help Window

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I'm trying to study up on how I can have Hazel automatically scan a folder with about 300 subfolders underneath it, with each folder containing multiple files & file types (videos, images, and audio).

I want to have Hazel go through each subfolder, make a folder named for each media type, sort the appropriate media into it, then move onto the next example. I.E. [MAIN FOLDER] > [FOLDER 1] > Folder1.mp4, Folder1.png, Folder1.mp3 becomes [MAIN FOLDER] > [FOLDER 1] > [FOLDER 1 MP4s] - Folder1.mp4 > [FOLDER 1 PNGs] - Folder1.png > [FOLDER 1 MP3s] - Folder1.mp3 etc.

I was trying to download the rule from the help window labeled as above, but it goes to a dead link.

Can anyone let me know either how I can download this rule, or how I'd go about doing this? Do I have to use Automator to create the new subfolders with the proper naming system?

Thanks
francdollar

Did you check the manual? There's a chapter there that explains everything as well as the rule in question.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I did. I probably just missed the creation of new folders part, and then the download did eventually go through but it happened overnight. Not sure why it was delayed on my comp but these things happen.

What section should I look in for the creation of subfolders aspect? Is that the advanced topics - processing subfolders section? Thanks
francdollar

You want to read about processing subfolders since you want Hazel to go into each subfolder and do stuff on what's inside. Hazel doesn't have a create folder action but if you use "Sort into subfolder", it will create them as needed.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support