Date Matched

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Date Matched Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:20 am • by Tango2
I'm working on modifying my rules after updating to version 4. I'm scanning bills and statements to PDF and was previously using the date created to insert into the file name for statement date. I have just found that I can match the date in the document, then insert that date into the file name. This is amazing! (when it works correctly)

The problem I'm having is that certain files are not grabbing the correct date in the file. Instead of grabbing the statement date, it's grabbing another date (billing date range, etc.). I have tried changing the instance number in the rule, but that doesn't seem to have any effect on this particular rule.

I've copied the entire PDF into a text file so I can see the searchable text of the PDF. I've confirmed that the instance of the date matches what it is set to in the rule, however it is still picking up the wrong date. Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot this problem further?
Tango2

Re: Date Matched Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:01 am • by Mr_Noodle
Is there surrounding text? If so, try incorporating that into your pattern. Also, instead of using automatic date detection, try specifying a format.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Date Matched Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:16 am • by Tango2
Mr_Noodle wrote:Is there surrounding text? If so, try incorporating that into your pattern. Also, instead of using automatic date detection, try specifying a format.

While not ideal, that does seem to work. Originally, the dates were in the exact same format, but it would skip over the first date and match the second, even though it was set to match the first date.

With this confirmed, is there any way to successfully go back to automatic date detection? If not, this method does work.
Tango2

Re: Date Matched Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Not sure. I'm guessing there's some subtle difference in some dates where the automatic date detection doesn't work. If you have examples, post/email them and I can see if there's a pattern.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support