Brand new bug relating to files in the Boxcryptor folder

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Following the latest release of Hazel it is impossible for Hazel to process files in the Boxcryptor. This is a very serious issue for me since almost all my files are in Boxcryptor. Processing files in Boxcryptor worked perfectly until I upgraded to the latest Hazel version a few hours ago.

Boxcryptor itself is working perfectly. It's just that Hazel can no longer process files there. (it does not matter whether the file is encrypted with Boxcryptor, or not encrypted at all. Hazel simply cannot retrieve the metadata.). See the red triangle in the image below.

I urgently need to go back to the previous version of Hazel until this is fixed. How do I do that?
Trickyt57

The image is not coming through but if you are having errors about retrieving metadata, look into your Spotlight index. If you can use the commandline, try the 'mdls' command on one of the files and post the output.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I'm not sure why you can't see the image I posted. Maybe in some weird way it's only available to me. Never mind. You will be pleased to hear that the problem resolved itself. I really don't know how or why.

However, I see there is an option I never saw before - "kind is Boxcryptor Encrypted File". Using this option enabled me to solve the problem. Is this a relatively new option?
Trickyt57

That is provided by the Boxcryptor app. All the "Kinds" in the system are either provided by the OS or the apps you have installed.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support