Bugs in the latest release of Hazel re sub-folders

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

if you create a new rule on a newly created folder, you have to click on the "+" before you can select another folder (e.g. to drag a rule, i.e. you can't move move your cursor off the folder name to another folder name. II never saw this problem before the latest release.

If you select a file in a sub folder of the folder being evaluated for preview, and then want to preview a file in a different sub-folder, you often can't go back, to climb up the tree to the top folder being evaluated. There is simply no way to navigate to any other sub-folder, not even to your root folder and back down again. The only solution is to hit cancel, and on the next attempt you can navigate. In other words, the sequence used to be: preview- navigate to file - open - preview - preview - navigate to new folder and file. now the only way to do this is: preview- navigate to file - open - preview - preview - cancel - preview - navigate to new folder and file. Two extra non-intuitive steps.

There is a much more serious new bug with files in the boxcryptor folder which I will deal with in a separate report.
Trickyt57

What versions of macOS and Hazel are you running? I'm not seeing either of these issues here.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support