Move only folder containing specific extension

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi,

I love hazel, thank you for creating this amazing time saver! I'm trying to create a rule that moves all folders containing a specific extension (In my case Logic X projects) to another folder (Ex. Music Projects 2020). The issue is my logic x projects are often times deep in subfolders on my external hard drive. Sometimes as deep as 12 or more subfolders :oops:

I've created a rule to search within subfiles and subfolders and it works, but it's moving the entire folder structure and I only need the folder containing the extension. Is this possible to achieve? I've tried many of the solutions in the user guide but have yet to crack the code on this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Matt
musicprod

Can you include screenshots of your rules?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

These rules are working correctly now and it's copying the parent folder structure but I'd like to also copy all of the other contents within the logic x project folder.

Ex. This is what a typical Logic Session folder looks like

Is this possible? Thank you for your time!
musicprod

You mean the "Audio Files" and "Freeze Files" folders? Do you want to keep them together with the logicx file? If so, is there a reason you don't copy the whole RND0027 folder?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Yes, I would love to be able to copy the entire folder with the audio files, freeze files, and session. That's where I'm confused on how to move the entire folder when I'm running a rule to search subfolders already.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Matt
musicprod

You need to use the "any subfiles or folders" option:
Dave61

Return to Support