Import Photos to a Shared Album in Photos

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Import Photos to a Shared Album in Photos Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:50 am • by burke57
I can import photos to my library or an album I create in my library, but the Shared Album I want to import to does not show up as a target in Hazel.

Is there something I can do to fix that or are Shared Albums just weird?

As of right now, I am importing to a Local Album to hold photos so I can move them to the Shared Album later. Of course, I would love for this manual step to be automated but it's not the end of the world. Any help would be appreciated.
burke57

I haven't paid attention to Shared Albums much but I'll look into it. I don't see any reference to them in the AppleScript dictionary for Photos so it might be the case that they are inaccessible to outside apps.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Import Photos to a Shared Album in Photos Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:43 pm • by burke57
Thank you, it would be a "nice to have" enhancement.

I use the Shared Album to create a photo screensaver on my Apple TV, and automating the process of exporting from Lightroom to the Apple TV screensaver would mean I get a lot more recent shots into the rotation.

Thanks again!
burke57

If you have a spare PC lying around, use File Juggler to move the files. That's my work-around.

burke57 wrote:I can import photos to my library or an album I create in my library, but the Shared Album I want to import to does not show up as a target in Hazel.

Is there something I can do to fix that or are Shared Albums just weird?

As of right now, I am importing to a Local Album to hold photos so I can move them to the Shared Album later. Of course, I would love for this manual step to be automated but it's not the end of the world. Any help would be appreciated.
ShirleyPrints

Return to Support