Cannot create rule that copies files only once

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Cannot create rule that copies files only once Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:03 pm • by Corab
Hi! I have a network drive that doesn't support adding tags and a folder on that drive that is constantly filled with new images.
And there's a target folder that the images should be copied into. Also this folder is regularly gets new images removed.

So I created a rule with Hazel that checks if the source folder and if the date of the file is greater than "Date Matched" I add the image. And it doesn't work the I way it's supposed to work. When I remove files in the target destination it always starts to re-copy old files that it already copied. Is there a way to add these files into some kind of queue and don't process them again?

Here's my rules:

Thank you!
Corab

I suggest going through the troubleshooting guide here. The logs are important here in addition to the preview after it's copied the file an additional time.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:I suggest going through the troubleshooting guide here. The logs are important here in addition to the preview after it's copied the file an additional time.

Thank you! I'm usually very lazy and don't like reading guides haha, so in the end I enabled Spotlight indexing on the source folder (that enabled tags) and assigned "processed" tag to every file that was copied. That solved my problem. Thank you for the awesome software!
Corab

Return to Support