Copying tagged file to a new folder

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Copying tagged file to a new folder Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm • by catalinamarr
Im new to Hazel and having some trouble here! I have dropbox folders that are synced across a team of designers, and I would like to create a library of sorts based on how people tag their files. Here's what I would like to happen:

1. File is tagged (i.e. "trucks")
2. File is then copied to a new folder (which is a subfolder if that matters, Library > Objects > Trucks)

And that's it really.

I have this setup:

And I can see that Hazel is finding those tagged items:

But there is nothing actually copied to the folder. I have permissions to edit this folder so it shouldn't be that. I feel like it's something fundamental and obvious that I'm missing--please help!
Last edited by catalinamarr on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catalinamarr

Re: Copying tagged file to a new folder Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 am • by Mr_Noodle
The screenshots aren't coming through. Try again using a third party image hosting service.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Copying tagged file to a new folder Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:50 pm • by catalinamarr
Fixed the post! Had bad links :)
catalinamarr

Re: Copying tagged file to a new folder Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:33 am • by Mr_Noodle
Check the logs by going to the "Info" section and click "View Log". Search for one of the files that isn't being copied and post/email the relevant excerpt.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support