Copy pdf to a folder then continue the normal process

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hello Guys,

Sorry in advance if this issue has already been covered!

Here is my flow:

Basically once a zip file is coming on folder "invoice action"

1/ it unzip it

2/ If one PDF of the unzip match criteria of content, it copies the pdf to the folder "fiche de paie" Image

3/ It moves all the pdf unzipped to another folder called "inbox" Image

4/ It deletes the unzipped folder

5/ It applies the rules on the subfolders Image

6/ if a file is not pdf, it goes to trash Image

Well, my problem is in step 2: the pdf is copied to the folder "fiche de paie" as expected but the step 3 does not apply to this specific file, so the pdf is NOT moved to the folder "inbox" as expected.

I have changed the order of the triggers but it does not work, I can’t figure out where my conditions does not match.

Many thanks for your help
demtzu

Try going through the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/

The preview and rule status functions should help you track down the issue. Feel free to post results here if you still cant figure it out.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Hello Mister Noodle,

Thank you for your answer.

I have figured out what was the problem, if someone is interested in a short answer:

When a rule copies a file and you want the following rules to apply to that file as well, you have to add “Continue Matching rules”:

It works now like a charm, sorry Mr. Noddle, I would suggest that this “continue matching rules” should be enabled by default because it’s a bit confusing at this point.

Anyway, long life to Hazel!
demtzu

Actually, it's many times more confusing the other way. When someone creates a rule to process a specific type of file, most of the time, they don't pay attention to the fact that subsequent rules may also match the file as well and end up being surprised. There's a similar programming construct that can results in errors (switch/case statements, for the programmers out there).
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support