Feature request: Remote hazel management.

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Feature request: Remote hazel management. Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:24 am • by spawnreaper
Hello,

I have hazel running on my media server. It does an amazing job. Not only on stuff on the server itself by also network shared folders.
Wat I am missing in hazel is the option to manage the hazel rules on a remote machine.
of course I can Remote Desktop the thing but I hate doing that because it disrupts what on display and its slow.
Would it be possible to use the hazel running on my laptop to connect to the hazel running on the server and manage it that way? Or a web interface function like transmission has.
spawnreaper

Re: Feature request: Remote hazel management. Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:51 am • by Dave61
A partial solution would be to use the "Rule Sync" feature. I use this to keep rules in sync across a desktop and two laptops. When set up a tweak to the rules for a synced folder is automatically copied across to the other two machines.

The downside is that you have to go to the other devices to switch rules on or off. New rules are off by default.
Dave61

Re: Feature request: Remote hazel management. Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:32 am • by Mr_Noodle
Thanks, Dave61, for the answer. To elaborate on rules being disabled, this happens to safeguard against unexpected behavior when syncing. You have to explicitly enable the rule on each machine to allow that rule to run there.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support