Issues with tag in rules

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Issues with tag in rules Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:29 am • by Lyrrad
I have been using the following rule which has been running flawlessly for months. I have also incorporated similar usages of tags albeit in a slightly different fashion, and all are failing in the same manner. For this particular rule the tag is created by me prior to saving the file.

I am so entrenched in using this method for daily filing that I am at a loss at the moment. The only good thing I can say is that it's the weekend soon and it will give me time to think it through. However I have no idea where to start.

LOG

Hazel doesn't rename the file properly, it omits the tag info from the file (this can be a xlsx file or a pdf file on other rules that are now failing)

EDIT:

I just added condition Tags is not blank and as expected on preview, rule matches.

Lyrrad

Re: Issues with tag in rules Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:14 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you click on the green checkmark for the Tags condition to see what it shows for that? Also, are you comfortable with the commandline?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Issues with tag in rules Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:32 am • by Lyrrad
Mr_Noodle wrote:Can you click on the green checkmark for the Tags condition to see what it shows for that? Also, are you comfortable with the commandline?

Clicking on the green checkmark for the Tags condition shows nothing, which is obviously the issue.

Interestingly for me, when I change Tags condition to Tags is blank, the rule fails, and when I click on the red cross the correct tag is there.

If you hold my hand, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to manage the commandline :D
Lyrrad

Re: Issues with tag in rules Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:21 am • by Lyrrad
I have manage to solve this issue by re-installing Hazel.

I have no idea why this happened but I'm extremely happy to be back up and running. I now realise how much I depend on this great software.
Lyrrad

Return to Support