Send email with attachment without mail client

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi there,

I am trying to create a paperless invoice system that stores and organises my files and also emails any new files to a specific email address but without using an email client.

My current workflow is as follows:-

Scan document with scansnap i1500 to a dropbox folder on a Mac server running high sierra. Once the file hits dropbox, Hazel will sort and rename file into a subfolder structure in dropbox. Before this happens, I need to email the file to a specific email address that then enters my accounts package.

I know Hazel can run AppleScript, shell script or Automator actions before moving the file but somehow I need to email this file without using a mail client on the server.

Can anyone help with a script that would do this or perhaps suggest a better method for my workflow? The only way I can get the file into the accounts package is to drag and drop the file into a web interface for the accounts package or by using a special email address.

thanks in advance for any help

Nick
nickym998

You would probably need a shellscript which uses a commandline mail client to send the file. Not sure if there are any such scripts here but you should search around the net at large.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support