Torrent files are moved before finishing

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Torrent files are moved before finishing Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:54 pm • by Pemtx
If I download a movie file or a zip file through torrents, Hazel will apply rules to the folders containing this files (move movie files to folder “movies” and zip files to “ebooks” for example. The problem is that it creates a new folder in “movies” and “ebooks” that contains the movie and zip file, but it leaves the original folder behind in “donwloads” without the movie or the zip file. Is there anything I can do to make Hazel ignore torrent downloads until they're finished?
Pemtx

You need to make sure Hazel only monitors a folder containing finished downloads. What torrent program are you using? Some programs have a setting to set a separate folder for that.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Torrent files are moved before finishing Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:29 am • by Pemtx
Mr_Noodle wrote:You need to make sure Hazel only monitors a folder containing finished downloads.

I had my Downloads folder as both the folder where downloads in progress were saved and the finished ones.

Mr_Noodle wrote:What torrent program are you using? Some programs have a setting to set a separate folder for that.

I was using μTorrent, which didn't have that feature. But as of today I have switched to qBittorrent, which does allow me to save unfinished downloads elsewhere.

Thank you.
Pemtx

Return to Support