Multiple Rules on a single file

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Multiple Rules on a single file Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:22 pm • by Creeva
Looking over some old posts there have been some work arounds and discussions on processing multiple rules on a single file. However, the work arounds won’t seem to work in my scenario.

I’m working on a family media archive. This includes videos and photographs of any of a couple hundred diffferent people. My photographs were not named or sorted previously and I wanted to use Hazel to help with the headaches.

Each family member has their own folder. Since I have four sides of the family that will need access to different files duplicate image files are expected (same picture in multiple folders). The files are named “date - person1, person2, etc - description - location”. What I wanted was When the file name had a persons name it would copy it into that persons folder automatically. Since hazel doesn’t seem reprocess files/run multiple rules on a single file so if there is two people in a file name (person1 who is the original folder and the second person listed in the file name) it works fine. If there is a third one it doesn’t work for me.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Creeva

Re: Multiple Rules on a single file Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 am • by Mr_Noodle
Did you try using the "Continue" action?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support