Hazel now takes long time to read words within PDF's

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi,

I've been using Hazel for 2 years now and it has been working perfectly until the other day.

I use Hazel to find words within PDF's on a network share set by rules, depending on which word is found use a rule to move the pdf to a different folder across the network. I connect to each network folder using a SMB connection.

Recently find that my version doesn't seem to read within the PDF's as fast as it used to as someone updated the Mac Hazel was running on, the previous version was read a file within seconds and now it's taking 5-30 minutes each pdf.

Also, the Hazel works fine (although slower) when there is just one pdf in the network share but when there are multiple pdf files it seems that Hazel is scanning all the pdf's in the folder at the same and not one at a time.

I've tried Hazel on Mojave and High Sierra (latest Version) and still no luck. I have forgotten the OS and version of software that worked fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I rely on this fantastic software daily.

Thanks in advance :D
aculee

Try going through the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/

When posting logs, make sure to point out (a) the name of a file that isn't being processed and (b) the time it was added.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:Try going through the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/

When posting logs, make sure to point out (a) the name of a file that isn't being processed and (b) the time it was added.

Hi Mr Noodle,

Thanks for the reply, the directory with multiple files are all getting processed but very very slowly (for example files went in at 15:00 and i checked at 19:00 and still not processed) BUT if i drag a single file in the folder each time Hazel processes them at lightning speed, literally done all the 40 files within 15 minutes. At the moment I have to put the files in one at a time manually.

Due to the confidential nature of the files I cannot post the names online, I could send them privately though.

I've tried to run the Rules Status Window but the software locks up and I have to quit it.

Any ideas?
aculee

aculee wrote:
Mr_Noodle wrote:Try going through the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/

Hi Mr Noodle,

Thanks for the reply, the directory with multiple files are all getting processed but very very slowly (for example files went in at 15:00 and i checked at 19:00 and still not processed) BUT if i drag a single file in the folder each time Hazel processes them at lightning speed, literally done all the 40 files within 15 minutes. At the moment I have to put the files in one at a time manually.

Due to the confidential nature of the files I cannot post the names online, I could send them privately though.

I've tried to run the Rules Status Window but the software locks up and I have to quit it.

Any ideas?

Hi, I sent in a support email with details. I wondered if you had time to look into this. Thanks.
aculee

I've replied to your email. Let's continue the conversation there.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support