New folders are getting "Cannot find folder with id:" errs

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

All,

I've been struggling to find a fix for the issue where new folders you add to Hazel show the error "Cannot find folder with id: xxxx" in the log and the rules don't seem to run.

I've followed as many of the debugging recommendations from the previous posts and in the "before you post" entries. I'm running V4.3.4 on 10.14.3

I've removed the entry and added it back, tried on different folders, ramped up the debug info and restarted the software and the machine.

Hazel does show the folder in the interface and the rules show a match, but the rule never runs.

Any chance someone could hit me with a cluebat?

Thanks
greeno

Can you email your logs in to support? Click on the "Contact support" button in Hazel's "Info" section.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I figured out the problem. I use a utility called mackup https://github.com/lra/mackup which allows you to keep system settings in place across different Macs. It works by creating symlinks for the library folders and putting them on synced storage (iCloud Drive/dropbox etc).

I stopped Mackup working on hazel, did a reinstall and everything works as it should now.

I can echo the comments Mr Noodle makes when people have issues like this - make sure you've not got anything messing with ~/Library/Application Support/Hazel

Thanks all
greeno

Return to Support