Notification add new item only once

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Notification add new item only once Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:20 am • by hazel_tm
Hi there,

I'm trying to have hazel send me a notification (or rather trigger an appescript), when a new file is added to a folder. It's about checking my virtual mailbox, so to say. My assistant drops me pdf documents in that folder and I want to be reminded somehow. Everything works fine with an applescript to send the notification. My rule is:

- Date added / is after /Date last matched -> Run Applescript

When more than one file is added, I get bothered by multiple notifications of course.

The best case for me would be:
Notification once, even if more than one new file is added. Which leads to watching the folder not the files, but watching the folder doesn't do anything in my case somehow (via "subfile/folder" "Did change"). Also I think I would be getting a notification, when items are being removed from the folder and I don't want that).

Can you help me with a way to get this thing running smoothly?

All this is incredibly abstract to me and I hope you get what I'm trying to say. I also searched for an answer for 2 days before posting. Could't find anything close in the forum.

Big up for the software btw. I'm still on trial, but I'll get my license as soon as I'm sure to get things running.

Thanks,

Chris
hazel_tm

Re: Notification add new item only once Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:39 am • by Mr_Noodle
If you want the rule to match the folder not the files within, then make sure you monitor the folder that contains that folder. Rules do not apply to the monitored folder, just the items within.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support