"No albums available" for Photos import action

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hello,

I've successfully matched some photos which I'd like to Import to Photos. I've added an "Import into Photos" action but to the right the menu reads "No available albums" and so won't let me save the Rule.

My Photos library contains plenty of albums so I'm confused here -any suggestions? I would have thought an import into no album should also be possible as it is if I plug in my camera or right-click an image and choose Share > Add to Photos.

Running on macOS 10.14.2 with Hazel 4.3.3

Thanks.
KiltedGreen

Go to Photos' preferences. Is the "Use as System Photo Library" button enabled? If so, click that. After that Hazel should be able to see the albums.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:Go to Photos' preferences. Is the "Use as System Photo Library" button enabled? If so, click that. After that Hazel should be able to see the albums.

I have the same issue and the "Use as System Photo Library" is grayed out . I don't know if that means it's enabled or disabled as I cannot change it. I'm on Venture 13.0.1 and Hazel. 5.2.

Screenshot at -> https://imgur.com/C3Ft6uG

Update - Rebooting my Macbook seems to have fixed it. It's also notable that even though I upgraded to Ventura week ago, and I have been using Photos daily since then, today it decided to show me the "new features" dialogue when I closed and re-opened Photos. This seems to have been an issue with Apple's high quality software, but I'lll continue to monitor it.
ikomrad

Return to Support