sort by matching content

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

sort by matching content Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:37 pm • by IVG
So I am trying to add tags that will describe the content within the document so I know that I hav a lot of contracts that contain the following words on the first or second page:

This ... Agreement

the ... could be License, Lease, Consulting etc...

My problem is that I cannot figure out how to set out a parameter - perhaps using "contents>contain match" and some sort of custom text... that will look only at documents that have either a phrase "this agreement" or "this ... agreement" where ... is a wildcard that can't be more than 1 or 2 words...

I need some help here!

Thanks in advance...
IVG

Re: sort by matching content Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:19 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Where are you having a problem exactly? Does something like "This <• document type> Agreement" (with document type being set to "anything") not work?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: sort by matching content Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:27 pm • by IVG
Basically I would like to construct a rule that will go though all searchable files (PDF DOC etc...) then see if it can find a combination of words like This Agreement OR This * Agreement OR this * * Agreement THEN add a dynamic tag that displays whatever the * wildcard results are
IVG

Re: sort by matching content Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:52 am • by Mr_Noodle
You should be able to use a match pattern for that, with a custom attribute for the * part. Have you checked the manual yet? There is a chapter which goes into this in a bit more depth.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: sort by matching content Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:57 pm • by IVG
Mr_Noodle wrote:You should be able to use a match pattern for that, with a custom attribute for the * part. Have you checked the manual yet? There is a chapter which goes into this in a bit more depth.

I did check the manual, I can't really figure out how to make it work - I am not terribly familiar with the syntax application such as this...
IVG

Re: sort by matching content Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:39 am • by Mr_Noodle
How far have you gotten? Can you post what you have so far?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support