Decrepting PDF file in Hazel and PDFexpert

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Decrepting PDF file in Hazel and PDFexpert Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:22 pm • by Artak
I am receiving an incripted PDF file from specific person into my inbox every month. In order to open the PDF file I am
Using PDFexpert app to decript it (to delete the password). Then I use Hazel to rename the file and put in specific folder.
I want the Hazel to be able to automatically get the PDF attachment from my inbox, open it in PDFexpert ,decript the file
(same password) and put in specific folder. I guess it can be done with a help of apple script or Automator. Can anybody
give an advice regarding the script?
Thanks in advance

Artak
Artak

I assume you mean your Mail inbox? You should probably create a rule in Mail to save the attachment to a folder Hazel can access.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Decrepting PDF file in Hazel and PDFexpert Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:02 pm • by Artak
Mr_Noodle wrote:I assume you mean your Mail inbox? You should probably create a rule in Mail to save the attachment to a folder Hazel can access.

Yes I mean InBox . I am using Spark app and have a smart folder for that purpose.
Artak

Don't have experience with Spark but you'll need to somehow get the files into a regular folder in Finder. Once there, Hazel should be able to process it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:Don't have experience with Spark but you'll need to somehow get the files into a regular folder in Finder. Once there, Hazel should be able to process it.

Same problem here
I receive an Encrypted PDF on Mail with a dumb password,
Today I open the PDF on Preview App and choose export with PDF to save a new unencrypted version
My main problem is automated the password protect PDF, later I can resolve the Mail app part.

Just to be clear I have zero knowledge with program language.

Some people use QPDF, but I don't want use Homebrew or similar stuff.

Mr Noodle can you help with a script or Automator to do this steps?

Thank you
aljjspam

Can't really provide support for that since it's not really Hazel specific. You might be better off finding a forum for the specific programs you are using.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Decrepting PDF file in Hazel and PDFexpert Thu May 16, 2019 11:10 am • by aljjspam
Mr_Noodle wrote:Can't really provide support for that since it's not really Hazel specific. You might be better off finding a forum for the specific programs you are using.

I have just finished the Mac Sparky Field guide and purchased Hazel this week
I started to build my working flow with Hazel, I am already very happy!
I'm struggling with password protect PDF
Is it possible to unencrypted PDF with Hazel?

I searched all the web to a workflow like this. But had no luck
Thank you
aljjspam

I don't know of a way off-hand. It will probably require specialized software. It does look like QPDF will do it so you may want to reconsider that. Here's an article that might help: https://superuser.com/questions/244832/ ... pdf-on-osx
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support