How to make Hazel read info from PDF file

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

How to make Hazel read info from PDF file Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:03 am • by Artak
Hi ALL.
I have a PDF File(Bill) that is content readable at least you can select the text inside it. But Hazel doesn't see it (content contains doesent bring the true results ) as it is INSIDE TABLE STRUCTURE. IS there a way to make Hazel see what inside it?

Thanks in advance
Artak

Hazel doesn't see any text in the table or just doesn't see it in the order you expect? How do the contents look in Hazel's preview?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: How to make Hazel read info from PDF file Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:37 pm • by Artak
Hi Mr Noodle
I believe it doesn't see it at all because it can't find the account number or date from content contains and the attribute.
I can select the text in PDF EXPERT [img]file:///Users/artakdarbinian/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202018-11-20%20at%207.17.14%20PM.png[/img].See the attached picture.The preview is when you select the file and press spacebar for preview or the errors you get when checking the rule against the selected file?
Artak

Can't see the file. You'll need to upload it to a file sharing service. If you don't have one handy, you can use imgur.com.

I'm talking about the preview mode when editing a rule. Check the help for more details on how to use it but there, you can view the actual text of the document by clicking the preview status badge for that condition.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: How to make Hazel read info from PDF file Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:34 pm • by Artak
Hi Mr Noodle.
As for the table content PDF I get the answer, and the problem is solved(with your help).I have used preview mode when editing the rule. The debugging mode is any help in this situation. In terms of getting more information.Anyway the rule is working.
But the funny part is that I was unable to upload the screenshot to this forum.
Created account and I see the upload there. But was unable to see the screenshot in this forum. May be I am
doing something wrong. Just in case I am sending that screenshot again.[img]https://imgur.com/7WEXKYO/img]
P.S. I have uploaded it to Imgur.com(private not public one)
Artak

Glad you got it working. You might want to take that image down as it still contains personal info like your name.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support