Naming pattern doesn't appear in field

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Naming pattern doesn't appear in field Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:59 pm • by ourstanley
So my Hazel seems to be misbehaving.

If I define an action to rename a file with a pattern I get the pop up which allows me to define the pattern but anything which I click or drag to the box doesn't show up. If I select done some of the fields I've selected do show up, but if I click the box again they aren't there in the pop up so I can't edit sequence etc.

This behavior is happening when I'm trying to define a match as well.

Should I just uninstall and reinstall Hazel, or is there something I'm missing?

I'm running Hazel 4.3.3 on a Mac Mini running Mojave 10.14.1

Thanks,

Mike
ourstanley

Re: Naming pattern doesn't appear in field Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:59 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you make a video of this and email it in?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Naming pattern doesn't appear in field Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:08 pm • by ourstanley
It will probably be tomorrow before I get a chance to do that, but could you confirm the e-mail address you’d like me to use?
ourstanley

Re: Naming pattern doesn't appear in field Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:52 am • by ourstanley
Hi there, so I've made a recording although the behavior differed slightly this morning.

When I clicked the field to set the renaming format for my file the already defined elements did appear in the box (unlike earlier in the week) but I still had trouble manipulating them. The date match field had been added at the end of the file name and I couldn't click and drag it to the front of the name. So I deleted it and then dragged and dropped a new instance of the date match field to the front of the file name - that worked, but as I did that the extension element disappeared.

I have a little QT movie showing this - it's about 26Mb - could you confirm the e-mail address for me to send this to?

Many thanks,

Mike
ourstanley

Re: Naming pattern doesn't appear in field Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:23 am • by Mr_Noodle
Go to Hazel's "Info" section and click on "Contact Support". You can then attach it to the message.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support