identify type of document (receipt, card, bill)

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hello-

When I use scansnap cloud, the software automagically determines (with very good accuracy) that the document is a receipt, or a business card, etc. The problem is that I can't retroactively do that with the other many documents that I have.

I looked though the various criteria and didn't see anything directly addressing that sort of categorization. Do most people just use the document dimensions (page width and length) or use other means to achieve that?

I did search for "recognize type" "receipt" "page width" and several others, but didn't have any luck. Sorry if this is a rehash.

Thanks.
jamison

I don't know what ScanSnap cloud uses. It's possible some sort of machine learning though maybe it is using things like the dimensions.

Hazel doesn't do that type of categorization. Maybe you can use IFTTT to somehow get the file back to ScanSnap Cloud to process it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:I don't know what ScanSnap cloud uses. It's possible some sort of machine learning though maybe it is using things like the dimensions.

Hazel doesn't do that type of categorization. Maybe you can use IFTTT to somehow get the file back to ScanSnap Cloud to process it.

OK - thanks for the response. I wish I knew how to fool scansnap cloud to thinking it came from my scanner. I will fiddle around with page dimensions to see Hazel can separate the long thin receipts. I will report back on results.
jamison

Did you actually manage to accomplish this, Jamison? That'd be so useful.
I know you'd love these mass gainers because they work.
HugoLey

Return to Support