Annoying "Choose Application" Popup

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Annoying "Choose Application" Popup Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:28 pm • by EdBurke
I recently upgraded from a Late 2013 MacBook Pro to a new Mid 2018 model. A clean install had gotten rid of a lot of issues, except for one...an annoying popup whenever I open a rule. A screenshot is below.

I've tried to navigate to Hazel in the PreferencePanes folder to select HazelHelper; however, Hazel.prefPane is grayed out.

Any assistance anyone can provide to suppress this popup will be greatly appreciated...

EdBurke

Re: Annoying "Choose Application" Popup Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:34 am • by Mr_Noodle
Are you running AppleScript for the rule in question? That looks like the pop-up for choosing an AppleScript dictionary.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Annoying "Choose Application" Popup Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:35 am • by EdBurke
Yes, I run AppleScript in many rules: however, the popup appears only when a script within a rule references Hazel as below. Note the popup specifically asks Where is hazel?

tell application "hazel"
delay 5
end tell

I use the script to slow down the running of the rule. Can you suggest a different script that would accomplish the same thing without invoking the Hazel name?
EdBurke

Re: Annoying "Choose Application" Popup Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:38 am • by Mr_Noodle
Hazel can't be AppleScripted in that way. You should try it without the "tell" or if it is for some reason required, try using System Events instead.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Annoying "Choose Application" Popup Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:41 am • by EdBurke
Using System Events fixed the issue. Thank you for your support...
EdBurke

Return to Support