SFTP works on one Mac, but not another

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

SFTP works on one Mac, but not another Sun May 26, 2024 9:22 pm • by podfeet
I have a rule to follow a folder called "transcripts" and if any HTML files land in it, upload them to my server. I created the rule on my MacBook Air and it works. but the same rule, synced through iCloud to my MacBook Pro does not work. I'm accessing my RSA key on both, the ports are the same, the protocol is the same, the user name is the same, and the start path is the same.

The one thing that's different is on the working Mac, it also shows dots for an entered password. If I copy my server password from 1Password and paste it into the password field in Hazel on the non-working Mac and try to connect, it says:

The folder “transcripts” could not be accessed. The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1012.)

Paul studied my log files (quite a while back) and wasn't able to figure out what's wrong. I figured it was worth posting here to see if anyone else had an idea.
podfeet

Re: SFTP works on one Mac, but not another Mon May 27, 2024 8:54 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you turn on debug logging as described here? https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-debug-mode/

Make sure to enable connection logging as well. Post the logs when connecting after doing that.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support