Archiving contents of a folder

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Archiving contents of a folder Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:32 pm • by grhafer30
I'm a college professor and am forced to use Moodle, a learning management system, and some of its time-consuming actions. I'm trying to get Hazel to process my feedback for students; so far, I have the watch folders and sorting working perfectly, but when Hazel puts the various documents into a folder, the "archive" command makes separate compressed files instead of combining the documents into just one compressed file. This is important because the file names in the documents correspond to the individual students and must be uploaded as one compressed file into Moodle. Any ideas?
grhafer30

Re: Archiving contents of a folder Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:01 am • by Mr_Noodle
Since the rule you have set up is matching an individual file, any actions will operate on that file. If you want to archive the whole folder, for instance, then you will need a rule set up to match the folder. You will need to be careful that the rule to zip up a folder does not do its thing before all the files have been added, which is something Hazel can't inherently know about; you'll have to give it some indicator that things are ready to be zipped.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support