Checking geotags. Rule fires randomly

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Checking geotags. Rule fires randomly Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:16 pm • by kefirux
I have a Dropbox folder which uploads all the photos from my phone. And I have a rule which moves photos from that folder to another if they don't have any geotags (assuming there weren’t taken via my phone). I implemented it by checking if Latitude and Longitude are empty. The problem is the rule matches some of the photos which do have geo tags. When I debug it in manual mode (the eye button), the rule doesn’t match, but when it’s working in the background some photos are matched, some are not, even though they're almost identical and were taken at the same time (I checked the logs in Debug mode also to be sure). But it only runs if a photo is being matched for the first time. If I move the anomaly photos to another folder with the same rule, everything works fine. One matched (-app) the other didn’t. As you can see, geotags are quite similar. What could be the problem?
kefirux

Re: Checking geotags. Rule fires randomly Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:30 am • by Mr_Noodle
Maybe it's an issue with Spotlight being a bit slow on your system. Try adding a condition like "Date added is not in the last X minutes" to delay a match and see if that works.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Checking geotags. Rule fires randomly Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:34 pm • by kefirux
Mr_Noodle wrote:Maybe it's an issue with Spotlight being a bit slow on your system. Try adding a condition like "Date added is not in the last X minutes" to delay a match and see if that works.

Yes, it worked! Thanks
kefirux

Return to Support