monitor subfolders for deletion

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

monitor subfolders for deletion Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:05 am • by andrej
Hi,

I tried to use your rule as described on http://www.noodlesoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1874.

I created a test folder containing a number of subfolders, added your "subfolder.hazelrules" rule on first position and another rule that is just a notification displaying that Hazel had sensed an event on second position.

It works perfectly on add file and move file inside the watched test folder and its subfolders. However, it does not detect file name change and it does not detect the deletion of file. It also does not detect if I move the file outside the test folder and its subfolders.

Is it possible to monitor also these events (delete, move file outside of monitored folder)?

Thanks,
Andrej
andrej

Re: monitor subfolders for deletion Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:43 pm • by Mr_Noodle
There is no way to monitor that at the moment. The file has to be present for a rule to apply to it.

Can you describe what exactly you are trying to do?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: monitor subfolders for deletion Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:55 pm • by andrej
I want to create the rule that will monitor Documents folder and all subfolders for:
• add file
• rename file
• move file
• delete file

If any of the above happens I will launch ChronoSync job in order to sync Documents folder to external drive.
andrej

Re: monitor subfolders for deletion Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:22 pm • by Mr_Noodle
If you just want to mirror one folder to another, use the Sync action instead. Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1593#p6500

Make sure to take specific notice of the need to monitor the folder containing the folder you want to sync, not to monitor the synced folder itself.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: monitor subfolders for deletion Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:53 am • by roskozmos
I am just checking if there is something new or a workaround to display a notification when the file is deleted.

Thanks!
roskozmos

Return to Support