Turn off auto-complete?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Turn off auto-complete? Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:43 pm • by dgbeecher
Hello. I'm noticing a new "feature" (not sure how long it's been around). If I'm entering information into a rule, Hazel attempts to auto-complete my entries. This is rarely helpful, and often leads to errors in my rules that prevent them from running properly.

Here is my most common specific example, to hopefully make my explanation more clear: I'm making a rule to detect a new bank or utility bill. One of my conditions is "If Contents contain "ACCOUNT NUMBER 123 456 789"". At this point, Hazel detects some other condition in some other rule of mine that "789...", and it tries to autocomplete my condition with whatever follows "789" in that rule. This happens quickly and (if I don't see it happening) introduces an error into my current rule.

Auto-complete interferes with my rule creation more often than it is helpful, and I wish I could turn it off. Thanks for considering this.
dgbeecher

Re: Turn off auto-complete? Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:49 am • by Mr_Noodle
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll consider this for a future release. Not sure if I'll make it a user-visible switch or a hidden preference but I'll think about it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support