id3tag adds album on local files, wont on network

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Im bashing my head against the desk here on this one. Long time user, love it.

I am setting up some automation on my plex server and trying to have hazel do some cleanup for me. In this sense, I am getting a mp3 file, adding album name to it (so it sorts nicer in plex) and calling it a day.

I setup automation in my 'downloads' folder to check the following:
1. if the extension is .mp3
2. if the album is blank (which they all start with that).

If that happens, run shell script 'id3tag -ACOOLALBUMNAME $1'

Works great.

So then I moved that written and working rule to my network drive. And it shows it matches and runs. But then it matches over and over and over. Looking at it in the match, it shows its album is blank which is why it matches continuously. But I run id3info on it, and it shows the album is setup, and plex detects it nicely too. Just hazel cant see it properly.

Why the different result on the network drive? Any help appreciated. I can see the file writing to the network drive, it replaces the file, so it does have access.

is there a better way to do this?

Edit: cleaned it up.
HackerJL

Update on this:

Appears the tags are being added, and plex is happy with them as Ive written them, I just cant have hazel 'read' that album properly.

Ive resorted to running the command, and setting a color label. And then not run the command if the label matches.

Seems Im missing something here.
HackerJL

It may be that the other drive is not being indexed by Spotlight. I know that certain NASes, like Synology, don't work with Spotlight so setting a color label is probably the best bet here.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support