Need help with logic for iOS photos air dropped with source.

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

There is an option in iOS AirDrop to allow the image to be sent with the highest quality. This includes all image data, dng raw file, jpg file and other misc files used for edit history, live photo, etc. These are all sent to the MAC as one folder per image containing multiple files and extensions, the folder is named the same as the image, the files are named the same as the image with different extensions.

What I am trying to do is have Hazel move the image folder with the files, but I want the files in each folder renamed after moving them. Moving them after they are AirDropped is fine, but my logic is wanting to rename the folder and not the files.
I was hoping I could do this without having to add the destination as another monitored folder.

Thanks in advance.
markyodo

I found a post in tips and tricks which has me working with 3 rules and 2 monitored folders (one source, one destination)
1) Source rule monitors Downloads for airdrop folders containing raw files and moves the folder with files to the destination.
2) Destination 2 rules monitor the Destination folder and if the folder a specific name with todays date it runs 2nd rule with checks file extensions and then renames and adds tags to files.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13168
markyodo

Return to Support