Custom list & tables don't get recognized under Monterey OS

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hey there,

I am really struggling with custom tables and lists since I upgraded to Monterey OS.
Somehow Hazel doesn't read them anymore - eventhough they worked before.

Tried to export the .txt file via all imaginable programs (TextEdit, Numbers, Pages, Word, Excel). Tried to separate by new lines, by comma and by tab. No success. Even though I read and followed the recommendations in this forum (like exporting the list as txt in UTF-8). There appears no preview of the items in the list (as before the update).

Am I the only one experiencing this? Would really appreciate some help, as I start going bananas!

Cheers

Tobi
tobidei

Where is the file located? What kind of error are you getting when reading in the file?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I have the same problem. Actually Hazel tries to load the file but hangs up. There is no error message and I have to restart Hazel.

Is there a limit on the file size or the column size because it is a rather big table (115 lines, 9 columns) in my case?
Defreeze

If it hangs, that's a different issue. Again, can you tell me where the file is stored? Also, if it hangs, do the following:

- Launch Activity Monitor
- Select Hazel
- Do Sample Process
- Send me the output
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I found the solution. I initially created the csv file using excel with UTF16. Seems that Excel starts with a char(0) character which caused some trouble. I also found a special character in my text file that also caused some hick-up (got this character from copy paste of an OCRed document). After making sure that my Excel-File only contains standard characters and using "xlText" as the export-type in my VBA macro everything runs smoothly.
Defreeze

What was the special character, if you don't mind me asking?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I am really struggling. I have a list of about 100 image names that are spread through a number of sub-folders in a media folder. I'd like Hazel to move a copy of each image to another folder. However, the list attribute does not seem to work. it keeps telling me there is no match. I have NO IDEA what I'm doing wrong. Can someone help?
satikusala

Can you post the rules as you have them now? You can use a service like imgur.com to host images for you.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support