Converting CBR, CBZ to EPUB, PDF using Calibre

From your noodle to other noodles. Talk about ways to get the most from Hazel. Even exchange recipes for the cool rules you've thought up. DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

I've been looking for a way to auto-convert my comic files to PDFs so I could upload them to Google Play Books, and stumbled onto Jake Bilbrey's wonderful site on all things automation and efficiency. http://jake.ch/2013/03/03/hazelbooks/

For this to work you'll need to download the Calibre app first.

My rule runs like this:

If: All
Extension: is: cbr
Passes shell script: Embedded script:

Embed the script below to convert the .cbr or .cbz to .pdf and .epub. It retains the original color and aspect ratio, and moves the new converted file to a folder called "converted".

Code: Select all
FULL_PATH="$1"
ORIG_FILE=$(basename "$FULL_PATH")
/Applications/Calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/ebook-convert "$ORIG_FILE"  "converted/$(basename "$FULL_PATH" .mobi).epub" --dont-grayscale --keep-aspect-ratio
/Applications/Calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/ebook-convert "$ORIG_FILE" "converted/$(basename "$FULL_PATH" .mobi).pdf" --dont-grayscale --keep-aspect-ratio

Move: to folder: Orig Converted Comics

I would love to be able to auto upload to Google Play Books the way Google Play Music watches my Music folder so if anyone has any suggestions would be great.
freshlesh3

Hi,

Nice rules. To get the email mobi to your Kindle rule working add Delay 1 after adding the attachment.
noodle1965

Return to Tips & Tricks - DO NOT POST QUESTIONS