Rotate images

From your noodle to other noodles. Talk about ways to get the most from Hazel. Even exchange recipes for the cool rules you've thought up. DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Rotate images Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:39 am • by bluestocking2
After a week at the National Archives, I have thousands of archival images to rotate. It took me a while, but I've figured out how to do this and want to share since I couldn't find it in the forums.

Overall: create folder somewhere handy in the finder to be a temporary container to let Hazel work its magic. Make a rule using an Automator workflow. Voilà!

Steps:
1. Create a new folder/container in finder: I named mine "Rotate left."
2. a. Open Automator, create a new workflow. One of the preset ones is "rotate image." After dragging and dropping the "rotate image" script to blank canvas, choose menu to rotate left. (Other choices: right and 180.
b. Save Automator workflow to iCloud--give it an obvious name like "rotate left"
3. In Hazel, make a new rule for folder "Rotate left."

If [all] of the following conditions are met
[Kind] [is] [image]
Do the following to the matched file or folder:
[Run Automator workflow] [Rotate left workflow] Add +
[Move] to folder [whatever designated folder].

That's it; works like a dream after dealing with opening images in Preview, selecting all, rotating, saving new document, and, irritatingly saving the changes to each image. And then moving to designated folder.

I made similar containers for "rotate right" and "rotate 180."
I change the designated folder as needed--in my case, with each archival folder change.
bluestocking2

Return to Tips & Tricks - DO NOT POST QUESTIONS