Application Dropbox AppleScript - Size Slim and Web To-Do

From your noodle to other noodles. Talk about ways to get the most from Hazel. Even exchange recipes for the cool rules you've thought up. DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

I wanted to share the AppleScript I use for my application dropbox in case it would be of any use to anyone.

This script first bunts the application over to xSlimmer, which removes excess architectures and languages from the application.

It waits until that application quits (i.e. doesn't appear in the Finder's list of processes), asks me to confirm the application's name, and then creates a task on my to-do list at Remember the Milk to try out the application and decide whether or not to keep it.

Code: Select all
on hazelProcessFile(theFile)

tell application "Xslimmer"
      activate
      open theFile
   end tell

tell application "Finder"
      repeat until name of processes does not contain "Xslimmer"
         delay 5
      end repeat
   end tell

set file_name to name of (info for theFile)

tell application "System Events"
      activate
      set shortquestion to display dialog "Short name for this application?" default answer file_name default button 2
      set shortname to text returned of shortquestion
   end tell

set RTMurl to "http://m.rememberthemilk.com/add?name=Look+over+" & shortname & "+and+decide+whether+it's+an+application+you+want+to+keep+around,+or+whether+it+should+be+deleted.&list=listIDnumbergoeshere&priority=&due=&repeat=&estimate=&tags=@mac+apptryout&url=&add=\"Add%20Form\""
   do shell script "/usr/bin/open \"" & RTMurl & "\""

end hazelProcessFile
WCityMike

This is excellent - I think I'll modify this to use xslimmer on all my downloaded apps.
a_freyer

Return to Tips & Tricks - DO NOT POST QUESTIONS