Run rule when a file is moved OUT of a folder?

From your noodle to other noodles. Talk about ways to get the most from Hazel. Even exchange recipes for the cool rules you've thought up. DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

I wonder if I can tell hazel to run a rule when I remove a file from a filder on this certain file?

The acute case is: I let hazel set a blue label for all new downloads during the last 24 hours so I can find the newest / just downloaded files in my downloads folder. After 24 hours the label is removed. Fine so far.

Now if I work on the file right after downloading (usual case) and put it to it's destination, it keeps the blue label which I then have to remove manually. I don't like that. Can I tell hazel to remove the color label as soon as I put the file out of the download folder?

Thanks and best regards,

V
soundframes

This is on the feature list though a few details would have to be worked out in the UI as well as making it work reliably. Nonetheless, it is being considered.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Great:-)

Would be an amazing feature. So I'll keep up my hope to get this some day.

V
soundframes

Anyone have an idea whether this has ever been implemented? Seems like a pain to have to remove each label manually.
wayupnth

Why don't you just set a 30 minute delay before you change the color. This way the files that you are going to be manually handling are unaffected.
craw

Return to Tips & Tricks - DO NOT POST QUESTIONS