Rule Request: Tv Show Season and Episode

From your noodle to other noodles. Talk about ways to get the most from Hazel. Even exchange recipes for the cool rules you've thought up. DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Rule Request: Tv Show Season and Episode Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:20 pm • by ondrovic
I was wondering if someone could help provide how I would go about creating a rule to Automatically Add Season and Episode Number to tv show names?

Sometimes the shows come in as ShowName.S0xExx, and sometimes the come across as Show.Name.xxx
I really want to have a rule created to say if S0xExx not present the add to the name before moving to my conversion folder, the only other problem I see is it needs to detect if it is S9 or lower and add the S0, any help would be greatly appreciated
ondrovic

Re: Rule Request: Tv Show Season and Episode Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:14 am • by ondrovic
I figured out how to do it using FileBot and this applescript

Code: Select all
set ProgramPath to "/Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot"
set FilePath to "/Users/ondrovic/Downloads/Converting/"
set FileTestPath to "MAIN:Users:ondrovic:Downloads:Converting:" as alias
set FormatFile to "{n}.{s00e00}.{t}"

tell application "Finder"
   set TVShowFileNames to name of every file in FileTestPath
end tell

repeat with TVShow in TVShowFileNames
   try
      set RenameFile to FilePath & TVShow
      do shell script (quoted form of ProgramPath) & " -rename " & (quoted form of RenameFile) & " --db TheTVDB --conflict skip -non-strict --format " & (quoted form of FormatFile)
   on error
      --do nothing
   end try
end repeat
ondrovic

Re: Rule Request: Tv Show Season and Episode Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:26 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I normally would move this topic to another forum as you aren't supposed to post questions here but since you provided the answer (which qualifies as a tip), I'll leave it in place. ;)
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Tips & Tricks - DO NOT POST QUESTIONS