Hazel Rules and Hazel Library Folder

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Hazel Rules and Hazel Library Folder Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:49 pm • by Gasport
Just started using Hazel. I did see how to have Hazel check sub-folders for the rules I created on a folder. Can I create on rule in Hazel that will run for all folders on the MAC as well as the external hard drives or do I have to create the rule for each folder I create rules?

Is there a way to make a copy of a rule to use on another folder and just change the folder name in the script?

I was looking at the ~/Library/Hazel folder and noticed that there are a lot of files with the name trash-####.hazeldb. A lot of these are quite old. I did see several older posts on this but there did not appear to be any resolution about the need for them or how to delete them. They all seem to be 4KB in size and Kind is document. Are these files normal and can the be deleted manually?
Gasport

Re: Hazel Rules and Hazel Library Folder Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:59 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I would not recommend having Hazel scan a whole drive. It would be quite resource intensive. It's better if you have Hazel focus on specific high traffic folders on your system. You can copy rules by dragging them to the new folder.

Those trash db files are created every time you mount a drive. Every drive potentially has its own trash folder. Since Hazel can't know if you will ever mount that drive again, it keeps the file around in case you do. I'll consider adding a feature where Hazel will scour the unused ones after some period of time.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel Rules and Hazel Library Folder Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:51 pm • by Gasport
Thank you ..

Great program.
Gasport

Return to Open Discussion